"She Designed a Life She Loved"

By Tracy - 7:07 PM

Hello blog world, it's been a while.

I could list off a bunch of excuses as to why I haven't been posting, but let's get to the heart of it: I have been lazy. Over the past few months, I have reached a level of complacency that bothers me. I cannot seem to find the motivation in multiple facets of my life. My physical fitness, my mental health, my spiritual journey, my professional attitude and effort. Nothing seems to inspire me... which is ironic since part of what I wanted to do with this blog is point out the beauty that is all around us. We should never have to look far to see God's hand and creativity in everything we do. So here I am, not ready to give into the temptation of a falling in a lonely black hole, but attempting a restart. To find the things in my life that truly make me happy, and run with them.

I have a picture hanging in my living room with the saying "she designed a life she loved." Seems like a natural decor choice for someone who is a designer, but I look at those words every single day, and have not been living them. The one person who is affected the most by our choices... are ourselves! Easy said, right? But it can be hard, choosing happiness everyday when human nature is rooted in selfishness, pride, and sinful behavior. It can be a challenge to say no to the easy path that boldly summons, and instead choose the road that God calls his children to: a one of joy and compassion, of mercy, grace, and love. To boldly go out into the world and spread kindness, speak boldly, and show the love of Christ in our thoughts and actions.

While most days I fall short of the person I want to be, that doesn't mean I can't have a second chance, third chance, fourth chance, and so on to be a better version of myself. To break the bonds of laziness and complacency, and get moving! Chase my dreams, and find my joy. We have so much to be thankful for on this beautiful Earth, and I need to start appreciating that more. Hopefully that will start to show through in the next little bit here.

Sweet dreams, friends.
Much Love,
Tracy

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments