Music Profile: << WOTE >>

By Tracy - 7:11 PM


Artist: Walk Off the Earth
Formed: 2006
Hometown: Ontario, Canada
Members: Sarah Blackwood, Gianni Luminati, Ryan Marshall, Joel Cassady, Mike Taylor
Website: http://www.walkofftheearth.com/


All this week, there was not a single time I logged onto Facebook where I did not see WOTE's cover of "Closer" by the Chainsmokers and Halsey at the top of my news feed. People have been sharing it like crazy, and I don't blame them... IT IS AWESOME!! Walk Off the Earth is one of those that I can forget about them for a little bit, and then they come out with something like "Closer" and I remember why I enjoy them so much. I think they are one of the most creative bands/cover artists out there. You can tell all the videos they shoot are lower budget, but that is the beauty: all you focus on is their amazing voices, the unusual instruments they use, and the raw talent each member has.

They first started gaining a large fan base after their cover of Gotye's "Somebody That I Used to Know" went viral. I remember seeing their video and just watching with my mouth open in awe. They had one guitar, and created the whole song with each person having a specific part to play. No gimmicks, no big production... just a big guitar and lots of talent. I loved it!

Every video since then has not disappointed. They make each song have its own vibe, and even though they cover another artist, WOTE makes the song their own by putting their own creative spin on it. I love that each is in a different location (tour bus, beach, garage, etc.), with different instruments, but you can tell it is their sound as soon as you hear it. You can see the passion they have behind every song they do, whether it's a cover or an original, and that is what makes them so great.

Because "Closer" has been so popular, I thought I would share my favorite songs performed by WOTE. Enjoy!

TOP 5 FAVORITE WALK OFF THE EARTH COVERS:
#1: "Closer" (The Chainsmokers and Halsey)
#2: "Hello" (Adele)
#3: "Somebody That I Used to Know" (Gotye)
#4: "Cheerleader" (Omi)
#5: "I Knew You Were Trouble" (Taylor Swift)

TOP 5 FAVORITE WALK OFF THE EARTH ORIGINALS:
#1: "Hold On (The Break)" Album: Sing It All Away
#2: "Red Hands" Album: R.E.V.O
#3: "Gang of Rhythm" Album: R.E.V.O.
#4: "Home We'll Go" Album: Sing It All Away
#5: "Sing It All Away" Album: Sing It All Away

Have a safe and happy weekend music lovers!
Much love,
Tracy

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments